Friday, November 21, 2014

Reaction Paper #2

The food photography seminar with Jim Lennon was very informative and interesting I learned a lot of things that I never knew. I never knew how much time and effort went into food photography.

I learned that lighting is very important with this type of photography and a lot of time is spent lighting and re-lighting the dishes. I also learned that it is important that you have quick set up equipment for these types of shoots so you can focus less on that and more on creativity and lighting. Macro lenses are also very important for these shoots because it'll help capture the textures and details of the different foods. Lennon also said that assistants are a must because it is a lot of work and without one you will waste a lot of time trying to do things all by yourself. He also made it clear that you have to be very open with the chef to make sure that you get exactly what you want, so id a dish doesn't match your vision you can't be afraid  to ask them to make another.

I think this would be a very interesting type of photography to try because it would be a very good learning experience but I personally don't think I have the patience to create a business around it. I'm very glad i had the opportunity to go to a live seminar and I hope I can attend more!

No comments:

Post a Comment